Local Food EaterAuthor
Find Best food in your neighborhood.
(All photos courtesy of Vegas Uncork’d) The countdown is on for the 11th annual Vegas Uncork’d presented by sponsor Chase Sapphire®. Tickets are selling quickly and 12 events completely sold out. Ticket and event information can be found at http://www.vegasuncorked.com
LocalFoodEater’s Roberta Deen will be covering the event for us – as a former recipe tester for Bon Appétit, Roberta has an insider’s view.
One of the country’s top food, wine and spirits festivals hits the Las Vegas Strip, with both intimate and large-scale extravaganzas at Caesars Palace, The Cromwell, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, MGM Resorts International, The Venetian and The Palazzo Las Vegas.
The event includes world’s most sought-after chefs, sommeliers and mixologists including Alain Ducasse, Bobby Flay, Buddy “Cake Boss” Valastro, Charlie Palmer, Giada De Laurentiis, Gordon Ramsay, Guy Savoy, José Andrés, Julian Serrano, Lorena Garcia, Shawn McClain, Nobu Matsuhisa, Wolfgang Puck and newly added to Picnic in The Park – the venerable Tom Colicchio and Rick Moonen.
-Three-Kitchen Tasting at SUGARCANE raw bar grill with Chef Timon Balloo (The Venetian) takes place Thursday, April 27 at SUGARCANE raw bar grill. Signature cocktails the event feature rum from all over the world.
Award-winning Executive Chef & Partner Timon Balloo will present a selection of SUGARCANE’s globally inspired small plates. Chef Timon Balloo’s signature style – the juxtaposition of bold flavors made for sharing – will be prepared using three kitchen concepts. The list includes the open fire grill; raw bar dishes and traditional kitchen dishes.
– #FoodPorn Cooking Demo & Luncheon with the Too Hot Tamales (Forum Shops at Caesars Palace), Friday, April 28. the up close and personal live cooking demonstration stars chef duo, Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger. The entertaining “Too Hot Tamales” fix a “feast for the eyes and shake up creative cocktails.”
Guests will learn the dynamic duo’s innovative recipes and cooking techniques and also get the lowdown on how to shoot epic food porn photos with expert tips and tricks from Bon Appétit magazine’s social media gurus. A takeaway recipe booklet is part of the package.
A multi-course lunch with specialty cocktails follows the demos and photo tip session. Afterward comes a chance to purchase personalized cookbooks.
– Lunch like a Spaniard with José Andrés at Jaleo (The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas), Friday, April 28: Guests experience a taste of Spain with internationally acclaimed culinary pioneer and innovator, Chef José Andrés. José prepares lobster paella over their renowned live fire pit in a dish-and-tell session, and shares his favorite stories behind the unique restaurant’s menu items, such as José’s Taco, a slice of jamón ibérico de bellota topped with osetra caviar and gold flakes; Coca con Erizas del Mar, crusty Spanish cristal bread topped with sea urchin, ibérico bacon and butter; their renowned Gin and Tonic program, and more.
– Robin Leach & Gary Selesner Invite You to a Culinary Journey Around the World at Bacchanal Buffet (Caesars Palace), Friday, April 28: Guests join “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous” host Robin Leach and Caesars Palace President Gary Selesner for a culinary adventure at Bacchanal Buffet—named the #1 buffet in Las Vegas. The renowned chef team will present an around the world culinary journey that showcases dishes from different countries and cuisines, paired with premier global wines, as Leach and Selesner recount their worldly travels.
– The Grand Tasting (Caesars Palace), Friday, April 28: At this signature event of Vegas Uncork’d, over 2,500 food enthusiasts enjoy a staggering variety of signature dishes prepared by some of the world’s most celebrated chefs. The dramatic five- acre Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis at Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino will feature more than 50 award-winning chefs and over 100 of the best wines and spirits from around the world.
– The Hog in the Henhouse: Yardbird Presents A Potbelly Brunch (The Venetian), Friday, April 28: From the fried green tomato BLT with house-smoked pork belly to maple- glazed bacon doughnuts, Yardbird’s exclusive Pot Belly Brunch will be hog heaven for lovers of all things bacon and pork belly. Enjoy a range of Yardbird’s inventive Southern comfort dishes while sipping on a bloody mary with bacon infused vodka.
– Brunch at GIADA: An Italian Inspired Feast (The Cromwell), Saturday, April 29: Guests join chef Giada De Laurentiis for brunch at her award-winning first and only namesake restaurant where the brunch menu, highlights her California- inspired Italian cuisine. Limitless mimosas and live entertainment are a part of the lunch. Guests will receive a signed photo with Giada.
-Picnic in The Park features Alain Ducasse, Charlie Palmer, Michael Mina, Julian Serrano, Tom Colicchio, Shawn McClain, Rick Moonen, Roy Ellamar, Akira Back, David Werly & More on Saturday, April 29. The new Park is located between Monte Carlo and New York-New York),
This Picnic in The Park highlights live music and many of the MGM Resorts’ most notable chefs offering up creative twists on classic picnic dishes. Chefs include the world renowned Alain Ducasse, Charlie Palmer, Michael Mina, Julian Serrano, Tom Colicchio, Shawn McClain, Rick Moonen, Roy Ellamar, Akira Back and David Werly. Veuve Clicquot provides the Edible Gardens and champagne.
EARLY ACCESS: Gain early admission to the event with an Early Access ticket. A limited number of tickets are available to deliver the undivided attention of experts on site, an exclusive signature cocktail available only to early access guests, and an opportunity to interact with the chefs in a more intimate setting.
– Sweet Escape: An Evening of Buddy, Beignets, Bonbons & Booze (The Palazzo), Saturday, April 29: Buddy “Cake Boss” Valastro hosts “a decadent evening to surrender to the sweet side of life,” featuring the Chefs of The Venetian and The Palazzo, each preparing a unique take on beignets or bon bons. The poolside reception will include an exciting live band and delicious specialty cocktails. Special appearance by Chef Lorena Garcia of Chica.
For information about the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, please see www.lvcva.com or www.visitlasvegas.com. You may download the virtual reality app, Vegas VR, via http://www.vrtv.vegas/.
Find Best food in your neighborhood.